Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I just got home from my appointment. We went out to eat afterwards at the Olive Garden.

I have 2 fibroid cysts the size of baseballs on each ovary. The doctor took a blood test to see if there is a chance for them to turn cancerous. I find out the result of that test on Monday.

He wants to schedule me for an operation as soon as possible.

I broke down and cried like a big baby. Mainly because John was always there to help me. He never left my side when I had an operation. I need him here now.

I have always been afraid of surgery. I hate the feeling of being put to sleep. I don't know if my Mom will go with me or not. I need Mom to be there too...

My sister said she would stay with me until I get out of the hospital.

I never wanted to go through this again, now I am here..

When I had my hysterectomy 10 years ago I was 32, and I told my doctor at that time to take everything. But he didn't, he left the ovaries.

He said it was because I needed my own ovaries to produce the hormones I needed. Now I will have to go under the knife because he decided what to do with me instead of listening to me.

I will have to have hormone therapy now.

I have prayed and prayed about this and I just need peace.

I want to ask those of you who believe in prayer to pray for me. I need it right now more than ever. And please pray for my kids they are scared. I have to be brave for them. If I show fear they will be more afraid.

Sending you all love, Nita


This is a song that John always sang to me when I was scared..


12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Nita it's a good thing to have a new start here. It doesn't mean you forget all that came before. Sorry about the doctor. Main thing is you're taking care of it and not ignoring it. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Your family loves you and I'm sure they'll be there for you as well as John is from where he is.{{HUGS}}

Anonymous said...

Baseballs! My gosh girl.

You know I'll be praying, not only for the physical.

Love you,
amanda

Annette said...

My Sweet Friend
You know you can always count on me to pray for you and your family, I have and will continue too...I hope what I'm about to write will help...
I had to have a complete hysterectomy about 4 years ago, I had a tumor on mu uterus the size of a basketball, and 1 on one of ovaries the size of the baseball, the BIG one I call it was taking all my blood, so that explained why I was tired all the time and wrapped around my bwols that explained the dumping syderome, didnt look good or sound good at all! My pre test came back with trace of cancer cells, but after the surgery the frozen section came back negitive and I told the Dr.my God is a healing God and he healed me, just like he's going heal you, and I work in the hospital as you know, and about your fear about going under, sweetie, your going to find, have faith in your anastezalogist, and did you know your safer in the operating room then in your own Dr'.s office, you are so monitored in there, but I will pray for your test, and ask God to take all your fears away, and your John is with you please believe that.
I so love you
Annette

Annette said...

hey, sweet friend of mine~
Please go to my blog site, I wrote something I think you might truly enjoy, I thought of you when writting it.
xoxoxoxox
Annette

whitey said...

Nita sorry to hear this there are a lot of girls in my family that have had this stuff the youngest being 18 in MY day you never heard about it now it seems rampant. You will feel better to get them out,,yes to bad the Doctor did not listen to you how frustrating. Got a kick out of the beach scenes with the girls doing the old dances what a hoot. Get feeling better.

Unknown said...

Nita, I love your banner for this new site. What a FABULOUS photo!!!!

Yes, it is frustrating that the doctor insisted on his way, but unless your ovaries were causing trouble back then, naturally produced hormones would be the way to go (I think).

Today is a new day. You have friends praying for you. And you have a BIG God. Rest in Him. He will never let you down. Never. Ever. Ever.

And now I have a good reason to send you a card (hope others think of you that way too!)

Sally said...

Thanks so much, Nita for allowing me to visit here in your new place. I'll most definitely keep you in my prayers; you can count on it. ((HUGS))

Joni said...

You are always in my prayers Nita ~

A bird in the hand said...

It makes it feel worse only because he isn't there, although he is with you in spirit. I'm confident you will be fine and you'll come out of it stronger and healthier. All my love, C.

Donna said...

You're going to do JUST FINE!! I Promise!! Some Drs try to do the right thing and being so young, he didn't want you to have to take hormones...BUT! Just know we're All there holding your hand sweetie!!! Your Mom will also be there....hang in there little love!!!hughugs

pchickki said...

Oh Nita, I missed this post! I will pray for your surgery and God will be there right along side John. You will be ok and feel better my goodness the size of baseballs!! No wonder you were hurting. I was an OB/GYN nurse for 6 years and I know this must be so painful. Have faith sweetie, I know it is scary to be put to sleep but the professionals know what they are doing and it will be fine. Dream of John and keep this song on your mind which is great by the way.

I will be praying Nita
Thinking of you and sending you love.
Patti

Maija said...

I'll be praying for you!!!