Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I have been praying about converting to Catholicism for about 3 years. I decided a few days ago to do it. I went in to talk to Father Justin this afternoon. My classes don't begin until June because they already have classes going and are only half through them. I want to do it from the beginning.

I feel peace about doing this. At my old church I felt worse when I left then when I got there. I am very ready to serve God with my whole heart.

John would be so happy that I am doing this. I am not just doing it for that reason. I have always felt very drawn by the Catholic religion. There is something about it that comforts me.


Elizabeth and I have been very sad the past few days. It is our first Thanksgiving without John. This time last year I was with him at the hospital. We had a good time just being together. I miss him ..I send you all good Thanksgiving Wishes..

love, Nita

4 comments:

Maija said...

I am thinking of you both during this difficult time. First's are so unexpected. I'll pray you find peace.

Annette said...

You keep following your heart, I'm Catholic, my daughter was baptized catholic as baby cause I wanted her to make her own decision, what I think might be right, might not have been for her, and that can cause some big problems, she chose to follow the catholic faith at the age of 12, and the priest used her as an example, and asked her why at 12 did she want to be baptized, she said "In my heart I know its the right thing to do" he said, Amanda did your mom tell you to say that? No Father, she said, he then told the church, "How many 12 year old's do you know would what to do this, when a huge part of them are thinking of boys and not god" I will never forget that!! If you didn't live so far away I'd get in my car, come and get you and your children and you'd have Thanksgiving with me and my family!!! Dosent that sound like fun, I'm very proud of you for following your heart, but I'm very sorry about your first thanksgiving with out your John, just remember..He's having thanksgiving with all the angels and God!! now you know that's fun!!
LOVE TO YOU ALWAYS
Annette

Annette said...

* my daughter wasn't baptized as a baby catholic, forgot to add the 'nt
love ya
Annette

pchickki said...

Looks like you have been a busy beaver Nita. Sounds like you got alot accomplished.

I am so sad for you that you feel lonely and sad that John is not there with you this year. Reading those letters brought back memories and those you will always have. You are so blessed to have had the love you and John had. There are so many marriages that do not have true love like that.

You are going to run across things that will remind you of John and that is good Nita, he will always be there with you through the memories you have.

I was watching Grays Anatomy last night and remembered you said Izzy reminds you for yourself. She going through rough times right now too.

God Bless you Nita, you are such a strong person and you will mend.

As far as Catholic religion? I was born and Christian and raised a Catholic and I went to Catholic Schools for 4 years but I am now Christian.

If you find peace with the Catholic religion then you are doing the right thing. I know you have had some bad feelings with some of the churches you have attended. Keep looking Nita and keep the faith, don't ever lose your faith. The Lord has been there for you all along and he always will be.

I wish you and your family a very Happy Thanksgiving.
Hugs
Patti